Obviously their marketing arms for various devices didn't speak to each
other.  The Marketing blurb for Photo CD's (6mp images), basically said
that 6mp was the equal of 35mm.  The document that contained that has
apparently disappeared from the Kodak web site.  That doesn't stop it
from having been there.  If they were saying 14mp somewhere else at the
same time that just makes their duplicity the worse.