It's interval timer. How cool? Depends on your needs... many compacts do
have this feature. I've used it only once - when we wanted to know, how
our new kitten is spending her day. In the morning I  put the camera on
tripod, even placed some extra mirrors to cover most of her favourite
places and adjusted shooting interval to 5 minutes. Believe or not -
damn catto managed to be NOT photographed in ANY of over 100 frames
during ~9 hours. Extremely cool, isn't it? :)

BR, Margus