At 10:14 AM 12/5/01 +0100, Boz wrote:
>Hi,

>That's not an easy task.  The aperture markings usually correspond to
>the widest aperture.  So, if you set the focal length to 50 and the
>aperture ring to where "8" is marked, you will have f/8 @ 28 and
>something like f/13.5 @ 80 mm.

>The trouble with the variable apertures comes in play when you
>use manual flash, studio flash, etc.
>
>Cheers,
>Boz

Okay, so using a variable aperture zoom is fairly hit or miss when metering
manually.

So a fixed aperture zoom is what is required if one wants to be certain
about matching exposure to your metering, correct?

Will I be able to set f8 on a fixed aperture zoom and know it is going to be
f8 if I zoom in or out?

(My choices among Pentax autofocus are rather limited - the wicked expensive
28-70/f2.8 or the very inexpensive 28-70/f4)

--Mike