> > Who knows... haven't been there, haven't seen that :) It is highly

> > possible, that in some regions fork was more known and
> accepted than in
> > others.
>
> I'll have to ask my Bulgarian friend to query his friends
> there.  Since
> the area's been constantly inhabited for nearly 8000 years, they're
> likely to have been early on the exposure/adoption curve for
> forks and
> lots of other stuff.

My cleaner's Bulgarian and she always puts my forks back in the wrong
drawer. I don't think she knows what they are.

The Chinese invented forks in 27,000 BC during the Tang dynasty, but
their use as food implements was not discovered until the middle of
the Third Kingdom of Aethereal Blessings, when the Grand Yang had
entered it's ninth Charm. Before that they had been used as ceremonial
halberds by the Chipmunk Guard. When all the chipmunks died following
the Killer Rice Plague of Yuan Dong Ho people found it very convenient
to use the forks to barbecue the tiny beasties. Parents learned from
their children to eat the carbonised flesh directly from the forks and
lo! a cutlery was born.

Bob