Ok, Jostein --
Never heard of Douglas McArthur? If I said WWII and Midway and called him a General will a light bulb go on? is "Old soldiers never die, they just fade away" a phrase you might heard ? anyway -- here is stuff about him.
http://tinyurl.com/53pjzv

Here is a much reprinted photo I googled for:
http://tinyurl.com/3pzqbz

http://www.gallerym.com/images/work/big/mydans_carl_general_macarthur_landing_luzon_philippines_1945_16x20_L.jpg

Throughout my childhood I was told that the short soldier beind him and to _his_ right was my half-brother, LT. Sterling A. Blackstone... who was killed in April of 1945 when a plane he was in was either shot down or just crashed. He is buried in Luzon. However, while he was one of McArthur's lieutenant's, he may have been elsewhere in that group - one of my kin thought something about him didn't look quite right -- but she is 5 years younger than I am and is judging only from photos - where as I idolized him I think it was New Years eve of 1942 when he picked up a sandwich from the floor and ate it. I was 6... I thought him very brave. :-) As to Robert Johnson, I have this recording of his work (an ebay listing, not mine)

http://tinyurl.com/3gus7h

no cig.

I never knew the bit about Khruschev photo doctoring.

ann

AlunFoto wrote:

Well done to find that image, Anthony!

Now it looks like the artist has "improved" the shot to hint at her
smoking habit. Not sure if I accept the tampering yet, but all of a
sudden the stamp pic is more in the same class as is the Shoe Incident
with Nikita Khrushchev... Although this is more cleverly done. I was
certainly "had". :-)

Best,
Jostein