I went back and looked at the whole set in that first edit.

For what it is worth, I would still end with #7 from the reduced set. Number 8 and 9 I would delete. In their place I would use 9299-213 in position #7 and A039901 in #8 position.

Oh, and I would choose -171 vs. -174 for the second position.

The two others that really caught my eye were 9299-132 and -142.

Back in the day, when I would occasionally do slide shows (as in, light shining through transparency film, focused by a lens onto a white screen) for climbing clubs, cycling clubs, church groups, family and/or friends, I would vary the pace considerably from image to image and section to section. Some shots deserve examination, maybe discussion. Others are better placed in a linear virtual montage (i.e., 1.0-1.5 secs per image). As I have been working on book layouts, I find that I have been varying the "pace" through sizing and positioning the images. As I understand what you are doing, with a metronomic delivery of images, it is much more challenging as each image needs to stand on its own as well as fitting in with the whole.

stan