On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 2:48 PM, Joseph McAllister <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> They are probably "barely" noticeable when it comes to design and R&D
> suggestions, as those departments are several years ahead of consumer
> product introductions. But as my post regarding EXIF problems in Aperture
> from several days ago suggests, someone in PentaxImaging here in the US is
> keeping up with PDML and other sites and passing data gained up the line to
> HQ in Japan. I suppose most if not all manufacturers of products that
> support online forums are doing the same. It's much less expensive than
> "focus groups".

I think they look at my PESOs, because I just got an e-mail from an
undisclosed address asking me to put black tape over all Pentax logos
on my bodies and lenses.  They said they made the suggestion so I'd
look more "pro", but I have other suspicions because they also told me
of ways I could erase all reference to Pentax in the EXIF data.
Hmmm...

cheers,
frank