On Sat, 25 Oct 2008 17:12:25 -0400, "John Sessoms"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> In Excel, I'm used to copying or cutting an existing cell (or range),
> selecting a new location and pasting there just by pressing "Enter".
>
> Calc doesn't do that, you actually have to use a paste command.

Interesting.  I used Excel for years when I was working and never knew
you could paste a cell like that.  I always used the paste command -
which is what I always do in Open Office.  So I never realised there was
a difference..

:-)>

The problem for Microsoft (and other software developers) is that older
versions of Word etc do pretty much everything the average user needs
(hell, even Word 6 that came with Windows 3.1 does most of what I need
to do).  So unless they introduce new version with backwards
incompatibilities, not many people will bother to upgrade.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters
Western Sydney Australia