On Nov 9, 2008, at 18:26, Walter Hamler wrote:
Yesterday while shooting the air show I was down to 60 odd shots when
the Blue Angels started their performance. I had a second card in my
pocket, but when the show was over I still had images left, but I
don't know how many. I didn't run out and I didn't check the counter.
When I uploaded the images the PSE7 Organizer said I had 247 new
images. Not believing it, I counted and there were indeed 247 images.
As that is about 80 more than it told me I had, is that normal?

Totally normal. If the image is compressible, it's the complexity of the image which dictates just how much it can be crunched down.

When I shot a concert a couple nights ago (which I do in JPEG), the card stated that I had about 380 images or so to go on my 2gig card when I started. But I ended up putting 897 images on the card, with space for 30-40 more left over. A lot of black space = smaller images.

 -Charles

--
Charles Robinson - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Minneapolis, MN