In a message dated 11/30/2008 2:38:49 P.M.  Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Is it really that bad in  US? Or these paranoia series are just some
very well chosen photos to show  problems there?

Merlin

PS: I have never been to US...

On  Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 1:52 AM,  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  wrote:

>  http://www.mapphotography.com/Paranoia/pages/signs1.htm
>
>  http://www.mapphotography.com/Paranoia/pages/signs2.htm
>
>  Comments  welcome.

===========
Yes. Approximately 1 million  foreclosed on. 27% of that approximately in
California. Supposedly 10,000 in my  county alone. Latest figures I heard were
10
million unemployed (though it seems  hard to believe and I can't swear to
that, but figure its several million).  Arnold is balancing CA's budget by
taking
away some benefits from disabled,  taking away some teacher's pensions,
cutting pensions, closing schools, and  removing renters' credit. So CA, in
particular, is hard hit.

OTOH,  newspapers and news magazines, and even TV, I suppose, are not putting
faces to  the figures (or store fronts to the figures). Not that I can see.
It's like  everyone is pretending it isn't happening and that everything is
going along as  normal. Which I find weird.

My paranoia series is about more than that.  But some of it is just to
redress what I DON'T SEE (in media).

Later,  Marnie

Warning: I am  now filtering my email, so you may be censored.

AOL.com.