Think what you want, but it was no worse than most and better than some of its ilk of that era.

The rap came from the collision fire in Indiana. The girls had just refueled, forgot to reinstall the gas cap, (located over the rear bumper) & were rear ended on an expressway, I believe while parked.

Kenneth Waller
http://www.tinyurl.com/272u2f

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Roberts" <msrobert...@ysu.edu>

Subject: Re: Magazine Cover

Ken Waller wrote:
In the early 70's I was involved with a group of engineers that built a Pinto for Trans AM, IMSA & SCCA B sedan racing. We started with a body in white. Eliminates a lot of work & discarded pieces. We ran a 1600 cc pushrod, 2.0L SOHC & a 2.3L SOHC in various configurations as determined by the ruling bodies. For an independent, we did alright. Held the B sedan track record at a local track, finished several 6 hour enduros, one in 4th place. Never really could compete with the Datsun 510 factory cars - too much HP among other things. I got my regional SCCA license with it. Won overall in a regional race at a local track in the rain. The owner just did a ground up restoration after all these years - he'll probably try to pedal it.

Pedaling is probably the safest way to power a Pinto!