As I mentioned earlier, I strongly agree that not having aperature contron on
the body is a big problem witht the MZ-S.  The problem is very
simple......setting the aperture ring on f8 DOES NOT MEAN you will get f8 if
you are using most zoom lenses that are not a straigth f4 or f2.8, for
example.  Isn't this the whole point of aperature priority???? If you put the
new Pentax 24-90/3.5-4.5 on a new MZ-S, set the f-stop for f8 for
example......zoom the lenses and you will find the real f-stop changes based
upon the zoom range selected.  This is maddening for precise manual control
and is my biggest issue with the MZ-S.  I just think an $800 camera should
have this feature, as do the higher end Nikon, Canon and Minolta products and
the Pentax ZX-7.

Robert James

In a message dated 12/27/01 9:45:33 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

<< >Having to use the aperture ring bothers ME because I find that, if
anything