Bruce, I'm a bit confused on your point.  My understanding is that if you
adjust the shutter speed using the MZ-S dial, you will of course alter the
corresponding f-stop.  But the problem is that the shutter speed is fixed,
and any slight movement of the viewfinder could cause a change in the f-stop
prior to firing.  In other words, its still shutter priority.   If you want
to fix the f-stop regardless of the current exposure, you still have a three
step process.   FIrst, select the f-stop using the ring.  Zoom the lens.
Reconfirm the f-stop or change it if the lens is variable aperature.  Is this
your experience with the MZ-S??
Robert
In a message dated 12/27/01 12:34:34 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED]