Artur,

AL> Oh, but I agree with you:) I have nothing against turning the aperture ring,
AL> since I have a Program A... But you'll surely admit that modern, plastic
AL> amateur lenses have very fragile and loose aperture rings. I can't afford
AL> "*" or Limited series lenses and have to rely on cheaper (plastic) ones. Of
AL> course, turning the ring on my SMC M 50mm f/2 or A 28 mm f/2,8 is a
AL> pleasure... Besides, how about lenses that have full stops of their
AL> aperture? As I wrote in another mail, that means that shutter speed and AEB
AL> increments are also full 1 EV... That's no problem with negatives, but how
AL> about slides? The flagship should provide very precise exposure, shouldn't
AL> it?

Sorry, I don't have any plastic lenses with loose aperture rings.  You
are aware that apertures settings are not necessarily only at click
stops (unless it is very cheap indeed), but can be set to anything
inbetween the clicks.  That means you can provide precise exposure.

It does seem odd that we are asking the top of the line camera body to
overcome bottom of the line build issues of lenses.  One would think
that if you are using top of the line bodies that you would be using
top of the line glass.  If it were me, I would be spending my money
first on good glass, and later on top of the line bodies.

AL> I'm quite a dawdler, ain't I?:) I simply like clear division - manual is
AL> manual, automatic is automatic... I like the style of my MZ-7 very much and
AL> since the MZ-6 will go its way, the future may bring something more
AL> interesting:) BTW, IMHO the MZ-S shouldn't be called this way - this camera
AL> doesn't belong to the MZ line. It should have started a different series.

You are probably right on this count.  Perhaps the style of the MZ-7
is to help overcome the build quality of the consumer grade lenses.
IIRC, Nikon is introducing a cheapo line without aperture rings at
all.  But I thought we were mostly comparing the PZ-1p dials to the
MZ-S.  I am going to have to go into my local store to see how much
they changed the MZ-7 because I find that my ZX-10's (predecessor)
don't really have fast turning dials, just moving the shutter collar
back and forth (slow).

Bruce Dayton