Subject: Re: good low angle tripod

I have the 055XV and I replaced the center column with a plug. This means
the tripod will go even lower, as the legs go out to 90° and there is no
center column to get in the way. I originally got the plug because I read
that raising the center column was a bad idea, but I found that I liked the
tripod better without the column.

Thrainn

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joseph McAllister" <pentax...@mac.com>
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 7:34 PM

On the 055X, but the legs go out to 90°, and the center column tilts
to 90°, allowing you 3.2" ground height off to the side of the legs,
easy to use, allows vertical shooting, similar to the Benbo, and
several other models and manufacturers. I stick with Bogen/Manfrotto
same reason I stick with Pentax. Many accessories are interchangeable,
like the two head bar, the center column that has a short version, the
center column extension, the reversible monopod center column
(3221/055B), the feet for mud or marsh, the tools, etc..