On 12/06/2009, William Robb <war...@gmail.com> wrote:

> My Feisol Tournament with their CB-50D head weighs in at around 1.6 kg
> without the center column and reaches high enough that I only have to stoop
> over a little bit to use the camera horizontally (somewhat more when
> vertical), and it seems quite stable.
> I think the center column adds 220 grams to the total weight.
> With the column in, it is actually too tall with the legs fully extended and
> the column full retracted for me (I'm 6' 3" more or less).
> I've actually become quite the little Feisol fanboy over the past while. I
> have 2 of them now.

I bought a rather basic Feisol panning base and wasn't overly
enamoured with their engineering or QC. I had to modify it as the
internal screws were too long and were scraping on the base and even
after that was remedied it wasn't very stable and exhibited variable
friction as it was rotated through 360 degrees. Their leg sets look
OK.

--
Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA