From: "Rob Brigham" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2002 4:31 AM
Subject: Pug Comments

Many thanks for comments on my first entry  I didnt say so on the pug,
but I would love any comments - good or bad.

My Favourites are:

Frozen Leaves by Maciej Marchlewski
Beautiful mood by good use of DOF.  You can almost 'feel' the cold.

Aubrey by Bruce Dayton
Lovely portrait - showing real character.  Background perhaps a little
distracting though.

Waiting for the Train by Jim Brooks
No an amazingly memorable photo, but I like it for doing exactly what
was intended - showing Action & movement ( but cleverly also non-moving
elements to emphasize the action).

Contraband Bayou by Sid Barras
Lovely, just lovely.

Night Perspective by Artur Ledóchowski
Absolutely Wonderful.  Totally love this one, My favourite this month.

Almost home by Thomas Cakalic
Lovely colour, lovely composition.

Leaves by Chris Niesmertelny
Beautiful long exposure.  Love moving water like this.

Misty Marsh at Dawn by  Kathleen Leickly
Lovely dreamlike exposure.

Sunset Surfer by Frits J. Wüthrich
One of my favourites, love the colour and drama everywhere.  Note sure
if a better pose from the surfer could have made if even more
perfect(obviously this would be difficult to arrange though!).

Rainbow Bridge by Jackie Dowell
Like you, I am not sure about the bush or the bridge being the focus.
Having said that, I think the bush is possibly too distracting when the
bridge is the focus as here.  I think it would have been better to lose
the bush, but definately keep the snowy foreground.  If you were
concerned about empty space in the middle, it may have been better to
take the shot from a lower angle.  I love the light and colour though.
I think there is deifnite potential for a superb picture here.

Good evening in the Badlands by Ken Waller
I think this is just fantastic, although I suspect that the scan or
image size do not do justice to the original.  Beautiful stuff.

Boats with Lights by Steve Larson
Beautiful, but I sense some camera shake or perhaps a fuzzy scan which
spoils an otherwise wonderful image.