I have struggled to reach pentaxforums all day.
Finally, I was able to read the posts today.
>From page 2 - falconeye in Munich
>>General comment ...

1. this is no stitching artifact (because it is possible to get 3
lines in extremely rare cases)

2. You normally should only get it with a hot sensor (red thermometer
appering in LV or movie mode). With a red thermometer, it may be
considered normal extra noise. Without a red thermometer visible in
LV, it shouldn't emerge in images. Even with the red thermometer, the
line is very faint.

3. The red thermometer needs more than 10 minutes constant LV/movie
recording to appear (except in hot sunshine). And disapperas rather
quickly.

4. In normal photo operation (with breaks in between invocations of
LV), the phenomenon should not be present at all. It is not necessary
to avoid LV. If it is, then the camera is defect. None of my images
(execpt for the one where I provoqued the issue) has this and I used
LV a lot.

So, an overheated K-7 sensor may exhibit a faint vertical line with
additional noise. This is acceptable to me (can be easily removed for
a keeper). Nothing to panic about.<<

Doesn't minimize your problem Mark, but sounds like a way to provoke it.
Regards,  Bob S.