2009/8/18 Chris Stoddart <c.stodd...@dcs.shef.ac.uk>:
> Now, I don't mind that he doesn't want it - that's fine and I am not
> entirely sure I want to sell it anyway, but I get the feeling he might be
> dissing my wee camera a bit too much here? :) Harsh and the colours not easy
> on the eye? Has anyone ever come across that opinion of Pentax 'look & feel'
> before? Should I thump him? BTW I have no idea what Fuji he's on about but
> it's not a DSLR.

When the *istD hit the market, Pentax got comments on being very
conservative as to the amount of both antialias filtering and colour
rendering. Soft and muted were general terms applied by reviewers, and
in hindsight I very much agree with them. The subsequent *ist models
sharpened up the rendering, both with regards to colour and intended
pun.

No need to thump him, I guess, but maybe remind him that it's futile
to judge a camera from web-sized images?

Jostein

--
http://www.alunfoto.no/galleri/
http://alunfoto.blogspot.com