Audiophiles spent years writing about how the Compact Disc sound was harsh, grainy, gave them headaches, no way could this medium ever surpass the vinyl LP album for 'true' sound.

They were correct, with the exception that it would never surpass the LP. The technology got better, the recording engineers learned how to deal with it, and the sound is now very acceptable. Of course, you have to have tens of thousands of dollars worth of D-A converters, special cables, high end amps, and nothing but the best 'pressings' to appreciate the sound.

It's all talk, Chris. Unless he plans on shooting with an end result of 40 x 60 prints with soft irregular grain replaced by sharp edge pixels.