Dario, your point about a FF system and micro 4/3 is interesting, but there is a simple solution. One that includes the use of the big FF lenses with suitable adapters in the m4/3, for some specific uses.

Those would be exactly the big, expensive and fast teles, made even longer by the format diff. Not to be used everyday, but often enough.

Keeping a set of FF for studio - or more elaborate shots, BTW - and APS systems with the same key lenses is something really desirable for me, assuming I get to use the set, professionally.

Actually I'm doing that now - only my FF is film. Trying to make the best out of my system is an old habit - from M42 to PK, M42 to Canon FD, and soon M42 and PK to Canon EF, just in case...

lf

Dario Bonazza escreveu:
P. J. Alling wrote:

There may be no scandal in owning two manufactures systems, but there
is a serious duplication of effort, and cost. If I were going to have
a 24x36mm sensor camera and a APS-C sensor camera, I think it would
make a whole lot more sense to buy into Canon, Nikon or Sony, and be
able to re-use a number of lenses and accessories between the two
bodies. True there would be some need for an APS-C W/A zoom, (or a
dedicated W/A prime, if you wanted a kit of all primes), but properly
chosen you could build a lens kit that would give
convenient/conventional AoV for each format with a minimum of
duplication.

Needless to say, we'd all prefer to use one lens system for covering two
sensor sizes (APS and FF), but Pentax doesn't hear. Gone are the days when
we had more system choices than other users (having to buy different lens
outfits, though).
So, I just wanted to make you think that owning cameras of two sensor
sizes could also require using two lens systems, especially if you already
own one of them. So in practice I see building two camera systems by using
one single lens outfit like a bonus, a welcome bonus for sure, but not the
only way to go. Just think of using a FF DSRL for studio work and a m4/3
EVIL for traveling. Don't you expect to have completely different lens
outfits for those? Do you expect they'll use the same mount?
Then, also owning say a K-7 and some compact lenses together with a
Nikon D700 and bulkier lenses for other kind of shooting could work.
Yes, I know it isn't the best possible solution. Maybe just a doable one. Maybe not.

Dario

Luiz Felipe
luiz.felipe at techmit.com.br
http://techmit.com.br/luizfelipe/