Shel Belinkoff wrote:

> Spot metering on the LX would be nice, but since I don't use a meter
> much these days, I don't really care too much one way or another.

I'm surprised that some people (not just you Shel) shun meters, yet agonize
over ten seconds more or less development time, or whether to use this
developer or that. An exposure that's off by 1/3 of a stop will do just as
much to upset the balance of a negative as will 30 seconds too much
development. The grain structure of a given developer and film will be
affected significantly by half a stop too much or too little exposure. I
don't understand why someone would not use a meter. Even in full sun,
"sunny sixteen" exposures can be affected by airborne pollution or other
atmospheric conditions. No one can consistently guess exposures to within
more than half a stop. No one. Period. A meter is an invaluable tool much
of the time. And with an LX, one can employ near faultless OTF metering
with stepless shutter speeds in auto exposure aperture priority mode, so
speed and spontaneity are not an issue. I don't understand the advantage of
working without it.
Paul