Glad you go into so much detail =)

What I was trying to do was to point out the bigger picture in
somewhat simpler terms.

Yes, there is natural occurrence of ABs but synthetic ones are clearly
traceable and we cannot ignore their impact in terms of promoting
resistance. MRSA was an illustration of what multiresistance can lead
to. 19.000 documented deaths in the US in 2005, in fact more lives
than AIDS claimed in the same year. I totally agree about excessive
(mis)use of ABs by doctors and patients alike. Similar effects are
observable with Malaria BTW.

What we shouldn't underestimate is the enormous AB abuse in livestock.
In many places, ABs are added to food in much the same way as vitamins
and minerals and there is at least in the EU no legislation banning
ABs for any time outside the last six weeks before slaughtering. If
you then look at the genetic similarities between humans/primates and
other land mammals (IIRC from biology class pigs share 97% DNA with
humans) it becomes quite clear that there is or will be an impact, now
or at some point. And yes about the huge favor we'd be doing nature.

I guess I am oversensitive though because I have the feeling that most
people around me just don't give a flying fuck about these things with
the sorry excuse that nothing they can do will change or save a thing.
I guess many of us have to think that way unless they want to question
their lifestyle.

Rant mode off and sorry for wasting everyone's time.

Cheers
Ecke