On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 02:32:57PM -0400, Ed Keeney wrote:
> De-lurking to pose a question...
>
> Does anyone have thoughts on using a bounce card versus using a
> diffuser for flash shots?  Any recommendations to look at?

My usual preferred diffuser is the big lumiquest:
http://www.lumiquest.com/products/softbox-iii.htm

It lives in the laptop compartment of my camera bag.

You can make something that works as well, is a lot cheaper, but isn't
quite as portable:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/sets/72157606657830875/

It's basically a cheapass fongdong made out of a water jug and some
foam rubber. I've found it works best to line one side with aluminum
foil so that if its aimed forward it doesn't flash into the lens (big
problem with my FA31), and if it's pointing to the ceiling, you can
bounce a little more light forward than back.

Larry Colen             l...@red4est.com            http://www.red4est.com/lrc