On Dec 19, 2009, at 00:23 , frank theriault wrote:

On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 12:22 AM, Tom C <caka...@gmail.com> wrote:
Reading, somewhat backwards timewise... well said Joe!  'We', our
society, slaughters thousands, millions actually. of human lives, in
foolish, stupid, greedy wars... a far less noble effort than feeding
our families.
<snip>

That has to be the silliest argument for eating meat that I've ever seen.

I like meat. That's my reason for eating it. Same reason as any of the animals lower in the food chain kill animals that are lower than they are. Tastes good. Easy source of energy.

Our teeth have evolved to both tear at meat or chew a cud of celery stalk. Make good use of them.

Joseph McAllister
pentax...@mac.com

http://gallery.me.com/jomac
http://web.me.com/jomac/show.me/Blog/Blog.html