On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 5:04 AM, Joseph McAllister <pentax...@mac.com> wrote:

> I like meat. That's my reason for eating it. Same reason as any of the
> animals lower in the food chain kill animals that are lower than they are.
> Tastes good. Easy source of energy.

Look, I like meat, too.  That's the primary reason it took me so long
to decide to go vegetarian and then a year later, vegan.  It's yummy.

Animals kill other animals lower in the food chain because they have
no choice.  They have evolved to a point where they need to eat meat
to survive.

We're omnivores.  We don't ~need~ meat to live.  We can choose whether
to eat meat or not.  I choose not to.  However I respect your choice,
even as I disagree with it.

> Our teeth have evolved to both tear at meat or chew a cud of celery stalk.
> Make good use of them.

See, now again, this rather agitates me.  Sounds very much like you're
advocating that I eat meat.  You didn't say "I make good use of them".
 I rather resent that you're telling me what to eat.  It tells me that
you don't respect the choice that I've made, which I find rather
disquieting.

I hope that was merely a "slip of the tongue" (in the keyboard sense)
and that you really meant to let us all know that you intend to use
your teeth to chew on meat, not that you think I should do so.

cheers,
frank