From: Paul Sorenson

I *do* make it a point to check the vendors website to see if they have any notes on running their software on Win7/64 bit. It seems a really critical thing is the drivers - printer drivers, etc - you need to make sure there is a 64 bit driver available to support your printer, 'cause a 32 bit driver won't work.

Somebody else mentioned the Compatibility Tool. I've run that, and it says I'm mostly good to go. I do need to get some updated drivers, and I'll make sure I have all of them before proceeding.

Toshiba recommends creating a Recovery DVD, but when I search for the Recovery Disk Creator application they tell me to use, it's not there.

Fortunately, a "Recovery DVD Package" came in the box with the computer. Not a real confidence builder though if they don't even know what disk I'm supposed to have.

The other thing is it looks like there's service packs for Vista I need to install, although I don't know WHY, since I'm just going to end up blowing it all away with a clean, custom install.