New York City, or not, it's no excuse for treating a customer rudely,
brusquely, or without esteem.  It would otherwise be called just plain
bad manners.

It belies a general attitude towards the customer.  It's an attitude
that lies beneath the surface, unseen and undetected on the thousands
and thousands of transactions that transpire without a hitch.  It only
rears it's ugly head and makes itself visible under the right
circumstances.

A problem-free transaction, millions of problem-free transactions, in
no way guarantees yours will be problem-free IF something occurs out
of the norm.

Tom C.