On Feb 6, 2010, at 3:54 AM, William Robb wrote:

You'd actually be called a f#cking little wanker for that.
The planned parenthood poster child.

We are a little more direct with our language on the praries..

Actually, one of the things that keeps counter sales people busy is showing customers how to use their cameras. For some reason, no one has ever really read their owners manuals.

I don't know about other brands of cameras, but the Pentax owners manuals are absolute shite. I've read mine, multiple times, and the only documentation I've found less useful is that from Apple.

The manuals seem to be aimed at second graders that barely know which end of a camera to look through, and barely cover when the features might be useful, without saying a word about what they actually do. They might be OK for someone that doesn't know their aperture from a hole in the ground who is happy dropping a kilobuck on a large, heavy point and shoot, but woe betides the person who is actually trying to learn to use a camera from the user manual.