On Tue, Apr 06, 2010 at 06:02:05PM -0700, Godfrey DiGiorgi scripsit:
> While I don't disbelieve you, I've yet to see a single credible report
> of a Adobe Reader/PDF malware attack on Mac OS X documented. If you
> can cite one I'd be much obliged.

Top-posting is of the devil.

<http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/01/26/more_mac_malware/> isn't Adobe
Reader; it's CS4.  So we've certainly got a live exploit for Adobe
products on OS X.

<http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/01/26/more_mac_malware/> isn't OS X
specific, but it does note that you don't need more than reader and PDF
files to have a worm.

So I'd be wildly disinclined to suppose that just because you're on OS X
you're safe.  Some always gets to go first, and the sort of "everything
crashes" situation Larry's reporting is consistent with library damage
from malware.  (Or hardware issues, or file system corruption, or...)

-- Graydon