Thanks, Frank.

Yes, it was the missing letters that drew my attention to the current
state of the diner.  The feeling of sadness that generated in turn led
me to notice the other run-down diner in the area (The Whitehouse
Diner) and to decide that I should do a series of photos featuring
these places and other active and abandoned diners in the area.  If
and when the economy recovers, these places may disappear, and be
replaced by strip malls.

Dan