Thanks for looking and commenting, Frank.

New Jersey was the center of diner culture.  Every town had at least
one downtown, and there was one every few miles on most major
highways.  Some, like the Flemington Circle Diner, became tourist
attractions, with people driving from New York to sample the legendary
cheesecake.

Most are gone, and others (like Whitehouse and Branchburg) are
abandoned.  In the last decade or so, however, a number have be
rehabilitated and a few new ones -- like Loukas' -- have been built
new from scratch.

Dan