Before my bird-chirping sound now audible on the DA* 50-135, I never experienced what you describe below. But I have to send my lens in for a check-up and it's a bit more sluggish now as well as chirpy. Cheers, Christine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jack Davis" <jdavi...@yahoo.com>
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 10:06 AM
Subject: SDM in Cold Weather

Something I've been meaning to ask about. Has anyone had the experience of shooting with an SDM lens, fresh out of the bag from a warm car and into early morning air chilly enough to produce visible breath fog. This happened one morning while at the coast DA* 50~135). AF felt as though it were operating in at least cool molasses. I was attempting to track some birds in flight and had to pick them up early and try holding focus awaiting the shutter. Later in the day, I took it out into the warming sun for a few minutes and tried it again. This time it seemed to be normally quick in response. I was relieved, but made me wonder if it's starting to wimp out. K20D battery appeared to be fully charged.
Any such experiences?

Thanks!

Jack