On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 5:38 PM, Miserere <miser...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 28 April 2010 15:37, John Sessoms <jsessoms...@nc.rr.com> wrote:
>> From: Miserere

>>> Why do you want full-frame, Tom?
>>
>> Why not?
>
> Camera size, weight, cost, cost of new hard-drive/SD memory, cost of more
> RAM...

None of these are inherent to going full frame. D3/D700/5D files are
actually smaller than K-7 files. Current FF cameras are large because
they're made by companies which insist on making all of their high-end
cameras be large, there's no inherent reason why you couldn't do a FF
body in a package marginally larger than a K-7.

> On a more personal note, if I went full-frame, Pentax (or
> Sigma/Tamron) would have to release a 40-105mm f/2.8 lens that I could
> use as my walk-around zoom, and I'm almost certain none of them would.
>
> Not that our opinions matter much; Pentax will do whatever they damn
> well please.
>

>  --M.

Plenty of 35-105/3.5's around and Tamron SP 28-105/2.8's can be found
on the used market.

--
M. Adam Maas
http://www.mawz.ca