From: John Sessoms
I don't consider it such a "obvious troll line". Learning to deal with a command line wasn't that hard. It was a bigger deal regaining speed when the GUIs took over. What I used to be able to do with just a few typed commands now took a lot longer opening and clicking menus. Especially with the overhead of painting the screen.

I know it's stupid answering my own post, but there were some things I left out.

In DOS I could write batch files to handle repetitive tasks. I never quite mastered programming for the Windoze GUI, with all the overhead necessary to open & close windows turn everything into menu selections add in the necessary widgets ...

And Windoze was enough of a pain I never even cared to ATTEMPT the Mac.