----- Original Message ----- From: "Larry Colen"
Subject: Re: VeryOT: no anti-bike bias here at all, oh no, absolutely, not

The problem is that often times the safest thing to do on a bicycle is not to come to a complete stop, but to slow down enough to check for traffic, and come to a stop if necessary.

When you're at a stop on a bike, you're dead in the water and have no way to get out of the way of anything. I hear that Idaho recognizes this and allows bicyclists to come to a safe "rolling stop".

We don't recognize "rolling stops" as anything other than what they are, which is not stopping. It doesn't bother me unless it's my turn to go at a 4 way stop and I'm halfway through the intersection and a 10 speed zips by my grill with the driver doing a Brewer at me.
Thats when I tend to floor it.....

William Robb