> I hear what you say, but like many talented photographers here, you
> sometimes forget that some of us are still in learning mode, although I am
> pleased to say it's coming on line quickly:-)
>
> I can risk "cheap" film in order to get my act together, as long as I don't
> go mad.
>
> I'm not as good as you Mike, at least give me until 2003:-)

Malcolm,
It really doesn't have anything to do with how good you are...just wait till
the first time you get a shot you really wanted and the film is bad. You'll
think, "Oh, yeah, Mike told me about that...."  I still remember the time it
happened to me...that is, the LAST time it happened to me. <g>

--Mike

P.S. Get in good habits early. It's worth it.