On 5/30/2010 6:59 AM, Bob Sullivan wrote:
5.5 to 6 million cars are sold in the US per quarter.
Call it 23 million cars per year, 2010.
At $10-$100 per new car, that's a extra $230,000,000 to $2,300,000,000
per year cost placed onto society.
Wouldn't it just be better to raise driver's awareness?
Regards,  Bob S.

Bob, Ken (to whom Bob replied and whose message I omitted), the new car costs $15,000 or so and upwards. Addition of $150 to the cost of the car will constitute 1%. Is it that serious??? I say, it is not. Compare it to the cost of premium entertainment system or alloy tires that get sold every day by dozens at car dealerships...

Especially, if most cars have underlying technology already in place, be it blue tooth, weight sensor, etc...

Boris