On May 31, 2010, at 7:44 PM, Ken Waller wrote:

> Kenneth Waller
> http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/kennethwaller
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Boris Liberman" <bori...@gmail.com>
>
> Subject: Re: OT: Kids are Dying in Cars
>

>> On 5/31/2010 6:06 AM, Ken Waller wrote:
>>> Boris, to me the issue is that this is an issue that doesn't affect a
>>> great many people. Only those that, for what ever reason, leave their
>>> children in their vehicle. And for that the entire society should be
>>> penalized ?
>>
>> I am thinking your wording is inexact. Let me try to rephrase in a way I see
>> it. "Only those that, for whatever reason, *might* leave their children in
>> their vehicle"...
>
> Everyone with small children 'might' leave them in a car, but very, very few
> do.

Unfortunately, it seems that more do so every day. Doctors, teachers,
scientists and trailer-park residents. Distraction doesn't seem to be a
function of intelligence or economic status. All who have forgotten a child,
once believed it could never happen to them.

I'm not advocating a solution. But the facts are alarming.

Paul