On 7/6/2010 11:44 AM, Christine Aguila wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Walters" <supera1...@fastmail.fm>
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2010 7:51 AM
Subject: Re: Testing photography rules in Miami metrorail system

On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 06:25 -0600, "William Robb" <war...@gmail.com>
wrote:

From: "Bob W"

> I don't understand why people get so uptight about photography & > filming,
> or
> why they can't grasp the simple idea of it being a legitmate thing to > do.

Give small minds small authority and this is what happens.
Given the degree of spread that this phenomena has, I anticipate that it
will be, within the next few years, defacto illegal to use an SLR in
public.

Just this afternoon I wanted to take a few photos at the local railway
station.  I had no sooner lifted the camera to my eye when the station
attendant appeared saying "You can't take photos here".  I didn't push
it because I was on railway property and maybe she was within her
rights, but it's getting to the stage where people think that anyone
carrying a 'real' camera is a terrorist or a child molester.

Interestingly, I had a CTA worker tell me at the Chicago and State subway stop that I could take pictures but just NOT of the tracks. No pictures of the tracks. At the Brown Line Rockwell stop, however, I was warned off from taking pictures anywhere. "You can't take pictures without a permit," I was told. Chicago and State gets heavy tourist traffic & the Rockwell stop does not. Aside from public transportation stops, I've never had any other problems in busy public places, though I was warned off by a woman from photographing her tulips in her front lawn. Cheers, Christine

What, did she think she owned a copyright on the plants?

--
{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Courier
New;}}