Bob W wrote:

within the next few years, defacto illegal to use an SLR in

public.

William Robb

it's up to us to resist it as often as we can

The problem is, we don't resist. We let the bullies have their way, and
the
next time they are more empowered, more confident in their
righteousness and
more aggressive in their methods.
I'm reminded of dogs running a fence every time I read of a
photographer
being harassed for having a large camera.
They will never pick on a group of photographers, so the people who go
out
en masse and feel empowered because they weren't harassed are doing no
good
whatsoever.

William Robb

it's up to us individually to resist it.
Earlier this evening I went to an event organised by the Royal Photographic
Society Visual Journalism Group, in which Lord (Dennis) Healey showed his
photos and answered questions. He's 93 now, but he is one of the most senior
British politicians of the 2nd half of the 20th century, having held many of
the great offices of state, including Defence Secretary and Chancellor of
the Exchequer (Finance Minister) during most of the Vietnam era and the
height of the troubles in Northern Ireland. One of the questions was along
the lines of 'as a photographer and former Defence Secretary, do you think
the current state of security justifies stopping and arresting photographers
in Central London?' His answer was 'No - it's absolute rubbish'.

Did anyone ask if he was a Soviet mole?