On Jul 23, 2010, at 7:40 PM, Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

> It would have been good if he'd mentioned that when he asked the
> question. It would have made the answer almost instantaneous. This is
> what happens when you are providing support and people are using
> non-standard bits in place of the normal ways of doing things: it
> slows down the ability to help.

You've opened my eyes to possibilities with Finder I didn't know about, that if
I'd known about I might not have gone looking for a replacement. Also my mind
to the possibility that it's far more versatile than I realized.

That said, I find it interesting that it's been extremely easy for me to
discover and use Path Finder's features, whereas with Finder they remained
hidden. I don't know if there's a manual for Path Finder, if there is I never
read it. Have hardly ever even used help. And I think I posted to its support
forum only once.

I agree Path Finder may be cluttered up with features that few use. With a
little instruction I might even come to prefer Finder's more zen-like approach
compared to Path Finder's clutter. But I would need some instruction to get me
started.

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net