On 8/28/2010 4:09 PM, Adam Maas wrote:
XP64 is pretty buggy, especially with consumer hardware. MS didn't get
a truly usable 64-bit version of Windows out until Vista 64 (Win7 64
is Vista 64 under the hood, there are no significant non-UI
differences in the 64 bit version) and driver support for XP 64 is
poor. Note that XP 64 is not officially supported by LR, official
support is XP SP3, Vista Home Premium or betetr (32&  64) and Win7 (32
&  64).

Well, courses for horses, obviously. Both at work and at home XP64 SP2 has been very stable. If it breaks down or if I have to upgrade h/w, I'll give Win7 proper consideration. Meanwhile, especially at home I prefer to adhere to "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" mantra...

Boris