I think the worst thing you can do is try one of the better Canikons
and then you notice the difference.  Since Pentax doesn't make the
$5000 camera, they never have the really high end system to "dumb"
down for the cheaper cameras.  Or, more likely, they just don't have
the expertise.

--
Steve Desjardins