Walt, here are my few pixels.

Personally, I don't do montages, collages and other digital art forms. No specific reason except that I'd like to better myself as a photographer, not as a graphic artist.

I don't have any specific /system/ as to how to decide which image to save and which to dispose of. Few random points * I tend to keep more weaker images if it has to do with my family/friends album, due to obvious emotional reasons. * I tend to keep photos from my international trips for similar reasons but I don't shoot like I am holding a machine gun, so it is not /that many/ images anyway. * Since I got K-7, I am this --><-- close to 10K shutter clicks. Had a look few days ago and under K-7 I have slightly less than 7K images in my collection. So, I reckon I delete (chimp off or otherwise later) about 1/3 of what I shoot. Given what Tanya and others said about the size of one's trash bin, I am pretty weak amateur ;-).

Boris