From: "Tanya Love"
Subject: RE: Out of curiosity: A question for the pros

I concur. There is no point in keeping stuff just because it is cheap to do
so.  It may only equate to 1TB per year, but it is also a whole lot of
filing, cataloguing etc that I don't have time to do. There is no point in
me keeping stuff that is average at best.  I don't ever want to be an
"average" photographer, and want to be proud of my portfolio of work.  I
don't want to look back at stuff and go "omg, that sucks, what the heck was
I thinking keeping that?!?"

I could come up with a very compelling reason, if you like. It's one of the fundamentals that I taught when I instructed beginner photography workshops.

William Robb