Steven Desjardins wrote:

I don't know much about FF/FX/24x36/whatever we want to call them/
bodies offered by others.  Can anyone estimate how much it would cost
if Pentax simply stuck a bigger sensor in a K5-like body?  $2500?  I
think the problem they have is that going after the Canikon folks in
their home court is a tricky business.  You won't sell many, so it
can't cost you much.

I'm not sure it's feasible that simply, due to some mechanics designed for APS-C. Then, the Sony A900/850 was considered dirt-cheap and it was in the $3000 realm, then it doesn't sell well and there were even rumors that Sony is going to drop their 24x36 DSLR line and the sensor manufacturing as well. No idea if there is any truth in that. I'm afraid such a Pentax won't sell well enough to keep it worth doing. And then we are going to call Pentax bad names for putting such a camera on the market without a full range of lenses...
It's a difficult world.

Dario