On Dec 22, 2010, at 10:20 AM, Ann Sanfedele wrote:

> Eric,
> I live about a 25 minute walk from Adorama...  I usually shop at B&H but
> Adorama had  the V500 Nick was raving about at the
> best price  - I called and one of the sales guys got one from the warehouse
> for me in one day and put it aside in the store for me..
> When I returned the RS1000 (however some of the other Pentax point andd
> shoots may or may not be, don't buy this one!)
> the young lady who was taking it back claimed there was a scratch on the LCD
> screen - I had had the camera for all of 2 hours.
> I couldnt see it and she though spec of dirt so was rubbing it with a
> cleaning cloth (which, infact, could have made the scratch)
> I pitched a bit of a bitch .   I got my money back fairly easily.
> Initially , when I was asked why I was returning it  I simply said "because
> it's a piece of crap"  Bottom line, the experience, overall, in the store was
> ultimately fine. Maybe they are kinder to L O Ls
>
> ann

'Tis a good thing they don't know the real Ann! They would have known that you
only bought the camera to take shots of one scrabble tournament, fully
intending to return it all along. And then it got scratched during the
horseplay and drunken revelry after the tournament, so there was no way you
would keep it, no matter how much you had come to love the intuitive ergonomics
of  this fine image processor . . .

stan