Hello, I recently have been looking for a new 35mm
system. I need fast lenses for shooting mostly wide
aperture and almost exclusively hand held with
Kodachrome 64 and 200, while traveling. So I need
lenses that are relatively sharp wide open. My first
choice would be 35mm f2 Summicron and 90mm f2.8
Tele-Elmarit, but I can not afford even used Leica
gear.

In the past I had a Pentax Spotmatic SP and I really
enjoyed it. Now I have been looking at Pentax gear
because I think it is very undervalued and the lenses
have great coatings. But I am finding that while most
lenses are inexpensive, the ones that would best serve
my needs cost as much or more than the competition.

So while we can all agree that Pentax makes great
stuff, can anyone tell me if my money will truly be
spent best on Pentax or should I keep looking?

In Pentax I would like: Two MX bodies, M 28mm f2, A
50mm f1.4, and K 85mm f1.8.

I can not even find the 28mm f2 except for at B&H used
for $375. The 85mm is pretty hard to find to and I
think at least that much money.

Now from Nikon, while I prefer the MX, there is the
FM2, the 35mm f1.4, 85mm f2, and even a 24mm f2. These
are all readily available on the used market, and the
prices are not driven up so much by collectors, which
I believe is the case with the Pentax lenses.

Can anyone comment directly on the comparative
performance of these lenses, or offer any advice?

Thanks in advance,
Marcus
http://greetings.yahoo.com