Sent: Saturday, January 22, 2011 8:04 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: I'm going to cry now...

My 500 gig external harddrive crashed tonight... guess where all my
recent digital photos are?

This happened after I loaded PEF's onto it a couple of hours ago... a
couple of weird things happned... the PEntax Lab thing said there was a

I know its not the USB port because I was able to attach my 80 gig
external to it and use it.

WHen I plug in the  drive it says USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED...and says
the divice has malfunctioned.

aarrrgggh!

Never had a drive crash on me before ...

I connected it to the old puter to see if I could revive it but no,
nothing...

WHen I goto the trouble shooting page it tells me I should try and
reconnect it (duh)  and if that doesnt work "REPLACE THE DEVICE"

the device is a Seagate free agent  500 gig drive I got as a present in
2007.  All my photos from the last two years are on there
The C drive was getting crowded most everything I need is on the
external drive.

I sthis going to cost me a fortune to save it?  is it possible there is
just a driver I need to reload?

Hugs along with info would be much appreciated

ann sad